7.13.2012

POPPIN' BOTTLES OKANAGAN STYLE


The Vibrant Vines proprietor Wyn Lewis pours us a little taster and tells us fun facts about Pinot Noir. Pinot Noir is apparently the only red wine that comes in the shape of a white bottle of wine.
The wino crew.
The incredibly sweet Vibrant Vines proprietor Marion Lewis.
Cheese between every stop.

Although the primary reason for jetting off to Kelowna was to watch two really great people get hitched and start a beautiful life together- the trip also served as a perfect opportunity to do something I've always wanted to do: vineyard tours.

I love wine. I love wine when I'm cooking, chatting with my girlfriends, watching a movie, painting, soaking in the tub, reading a book, you name it. I just love wine.

So finally, last weekend I was able to knock off another off of my Fifty list. A group of about 20 of us from the wedding, loaded up on a bus and toured four stunning Okanagan vineyards.

The first, and my absolute favourite, was The Vibrant Vine Kelowna Winery. Not only were we able to chat with the friendly proprietors Wyn and Marion Lewis, but the couple served us up their palette pleasing wines while telling us first hand stories of the history of Vibrant Vines. They had bought the property in 2003 and have turned it into something truly beautiful. I can't wait to go back.

The Vibrant Vine also had a live band playing in the back yard and featured fantastic 3D art produced by the proprietors' son, Phil Lewis. The bottles of wine were covered with Lewis' art and we were all given 3D glasses to see the art in full effect! I also really loved how this vineyard incorporated art and music into their vineyard.


After The Vibrant Vine, our bus continued on to Spierhead, The Vine and House of Rose Vineyards with cheese and cracker breaks in between each stop.

Overall, I drank a little bit more than I learned but it was an incredible experience and I was so happy to spend it with friends, old and new.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout out